Sunday, July 3, 2011

testimony: doors closed

We've been at our new assignment for little over a year now. And we've been in our house and neighborhood for almost a year.

I know full and well that our time in the fair mother city (previous assignment) had ended. And that was reinforced last November when I made an unexpected trip back to Texas to sell my truck.

But I was reading this news report yesterday on how currently the fair mother city ranks SEVENTH in the US for the worst housing markets. Assuming any of that info is accurate, it is difficult to sell property based on the projected population growth in the next five years AND the devaluation in property recently.

I was in a world of house flipping back then. My last project sold in March 2010 after receiving an offer within a month of listing. Plus I sold my own home without listing it and with no hassles.

I would have to say the creator was protecting me in getting me out of there before the market changed.

Unfortunately, two friends on our old street are having a difficult time selling their houses now. One of them is Obi-Wan's old house, having been remodeled by my old jedi-master.

Help them lord, as you've helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment