Wednesday, January 26, 2011

anonymous and waiting

I am finally waking up to the subtle feeling that every person in River Dog knows of me. This may be an exaggeration, but not by much.

This is a much different assignment than the fair mother city. Even though I knew what seemed like half that city back in Texas, there was still a fair amount of anonymity. That ain't going to happen here. And I guess I accept that.

In an unrelated note, I am experiencing a wait period. The Creator is having me wait on, god knows what? an identity? a job? a reason? I don't know.

Remodeling our basement was the only thing keeping me sane. But my wife had knee surgery last week. So now I'm Mr. Mom, doing all the kid duties 24/7. So it goes. Now I'm waiting on finishing the basement. The finish line is oh so close.

But on the identity/purpose front: I accepted a voluntary position on the Reach Out board as treasurer. I've never cared too much about non-prof boards and their ilk. But I'm in love with this rag-tag group. There's no room for politics. Everyone is either an aging grandma from the local poverty culture or some other weirdo. It looks like the Star Wars cantina scene.

I think I'll fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment