Thursday, August 12, 2010

small town #001

We are here in River Dog for good. Closing on our house should be Monday with moving and etc to follow. This is it: the moment we've been waiting for since crossing the border almost three months ago.

Some of the culture shock I deal with revolves around being in an extremely small town. Everybody knows everyone. Almost literally.

Keeping one's mouth shut is probably the best practice anywhere in life. But living in River Dog it is essential. If I blow up at the local government run insurance outlet (as I most certainly deserve to, so I think) word would get around that I was a difficult ass or something.

I am also shocked to learn that most of the Reach Out crowd knows the guy who we are buying the house from. I probably shouldn't tell them what a sneak he is as he didn't disclose some vital legal info on the property until after my end of the deal was signed and paid for. (Closing in Canada involves the buyer doing all the legal work 10-14 days in advance of possession).

I suppose a better discipline would be to not have an evil heart towards anybody. But keeping my mouth shut is a good start. Maybe nothing will haunt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment