Tuesday, July 13, 2010

how low can you go

Greetings all. I debated whether to blog ever again or not. I think I need it, personally. Join me on this ego-parade, will you?

As you may know, the family and I have recently joined the agent relocation program and have been assigned to a new place approximately 1600 miles away from our last assignment. We have been placed in River Dog, Saskatchewan - population 1900.

Since our border crossing (and my immigration) in late May, we have been in a major limbo period of our lives. And honestly, we're dealing with it well. It's getting old. But as of this writing, we are under contract for a house. And if all goes well, it looks like the creator of the universe (COTU) is placing us in a neighborhood very similar to our last assignment in the southern US: border-line poverty, lower income, blue collar etc.

With the price of houses even in small town Sask, no wonder people around here are broke. Six-figure prices my ass. Never knew how good I had it down south.

We have been traveling back and forth from River Dog and three hours away in The Big City (not to be confused with the nearby Capitol City). We stay with cousins in River Dog and with my in-laws in The Big City. And we travel based on my work opportunities and who can stand to keep us at the moment. It's getting old.

One of our main reason for being here is to join in with the local Reach Out center. It is run by an elderly native woman who I am in slight awe of. I think I really respect her. Unfortunately I haven't been able to be there much due to the limbo era, etc. More to come.

In future episodes, I'll introduce the new cast of characters such as my wife's cousins, the folks at Reach Out, the locals I've met on the street, etc.

It's good to be back in the defunct blogosphere. I think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you in spirit. Glad to have this contact. Keep up the good work.

    Many blessings...


    Agent X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on the cathartic blogging. Keep up the great writing...

    ReplyDelete