Friday, July 16, 2010

setting in

It's been six or seven weeks since my immigration and thus new assignment change. No big deal.

Despite all the smart-ass talk friends back home made of Canada, and the comment my father said about this move being "the biggest mistake" I'll ever make, I'm confident we are suppose to be here in River Dog, Saskatchewan.

But opening the mail today at my new PO Box was sobering: I received my new driver's license/photo ID. It hit me to see my face on a ID that said "Saskatchewan" and not "Texas".

I guess it's settled. I'm not on a summer long holiday at the in-law's.

I'm here.

2 comments:

  1. I learned when we moved back from UK, having not been able to make it, that a family member prayed every night that it wouldn't work out, and we would have to move back. I think of all the things about not being able to stay, the fact that my family didn't want it to work for their own selfish reasons are what upset me the most.

    You guys are there for a reason, and following your heart and dreams. Enjoy your new life there, and live for you and your wife/kids.

    Best of luck with your vehicle woes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deana. We have no doubts as to our calling. But I'll take encouragement whenever possible. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete