Thursday, November 25, 2010

-26C

It began snowing about an hour before my plane from Texas landed. And it's been white ever since.

For obvious reasons, the cold has changed the social dynamics of River Dog. Everyone is holed up in their heated dwelling or something. There's no chit chat on the streets, scant words on the way to school, and so forth.

I am extra thankful for my ongoing friendship with Giovanni across the street as social gatherings must be intentional in an arctic environment. And we still gather over various beverages.

Otherwise, in my life I still peck away at the basement renovations. It is getting exciting as major change is happening, which totally floats my boat. Transformation is one of the primary reasons I got into house flipping and remodeling.

I have a new truck. It is identical to my old one (year, make & model, engine size) with a few exceptions. I got word that my truck left in Texas had sold about a week after I left it there. Then this replacement one shows up. Now I'm learning to drive a two-wheel drive pickup on ice. Not too practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment