Monday, October 25, 2010

on the social front

Things are moving ahead in terms of knowing and meeting people in the River Dog area. It's much slower than compared to the fair mo' city (our last assignment), where getting in with a particular religious group can instantly win you dozens of allies.

My accross the street neighbor Giovani and I have continued our Saturday night gatherings over a beer or three. Recently we met in my heated garage - the greatest man cave ever.

And last week I was hired by Ron to assist in installing a deck. It was only a three day job but better than nothing. And the good news is that I'm pretty sure Ron liked me. It sounds as though I will be his right hand man on any future jobs that require two people.

Although Ron is probably the most micro-managing human I've ever worked for. It makes sense as he's a very meticulous carpenter that usually works alone. But I was having flashbacks of working for Son and Dad Tree Service, Inc in the fair mo' city...

And speaking of, I will soon be making a trek back to the city of our first assignment. It is a reluctant homecoming, one that will be celebrated beyond measure. But the purpose is to deliver my truck to TX to be sold. And I'm not overly smiley about that. So it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are going to have to give up your truck...but I hope you get what you want from it so you can replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i could afford it bro! so it goes... hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your visit there.

    ReplyDelete